INSIGHTS - Research Into Practice
INSIGHTS units include the elements that research and classroom experience indicate are essential to student success.
- Lesson format guides direct instruction in reading strategies, and assures transfer to daily reading.
- Every unit begins with a review of prerequisite skills so all students can participate in the unitís instruction.
- Each lesson builds systematically from the previous one, modeling how and when, to apply the strategy developed in the unit.
- Integrated assessment provides feedback on the learning process.
- Enrichment activities extend learning in challenging and creative ways.
- Additional activities are designed for reteaching the core of the unit using an alternative teaching method or modality.
- Parent letters and literature lists in every unit communicate classroom goals to the home.